Panama City Beach is a family friendly beach town that is worth visiting from May through October. During November to February, it’s too cold to enjoy the ocean and waters though accommodation would be comparatively low. Fall is the best season to get good food. The following are the few of the reasons why one must visit Panama City Beach during the fall:
- The Best Weather: Fall has its own beauty, the waves, clouds everything changes. This is the best weather to enjoy swimming or other beach activities as the temperature is warm yet not so hot. Mild and pleasant weather is suitable to dine and drink outdoors. The nights are clear as the humidity content is low, which makes sunsets and sunrise on the sand worth watching. One can even opt for a photography session that is offered and booked privately.
- Hiking and Biking: Avid hikers and bikers should not miss an opportunity to explore the place in fall. There are number of parks and trails. Some of the places are St Andrews State Park, Conservation Park and Camp Helen state park that are good spots for hikers and bikers. Walking at the St Andrews State park is enjoyable as the temperatures are cooler and milder with breezes. Heron pond and Gator Lake are two great trails at this park, bird watching and alligator sighting respectively are two best things one can do here. Camp Helen state park has the Gulf of Mexico and Lake Powell on its three sides.
- Festivals: The Chasin the sun music festival, lobster festival and tournament, the pirates of the high seas fest and Walk into the wild are the best festivals that happen in the fall. The chasins the Sun music festival is celebrated in the September at Panama City beach’s Aaron Bessant park Amphitheatre. The Pirates of the High seas fest is held in October is the most famous area festival that offers scavenger hunt, pirate invasions, a kids parade, pirates parades, live music, and fireworks, etc. Walk into the wild event is held in October and includes walks in the parks and Shell Island that are guided.
- Tournaments: – Lobster festival and the tournament are also celebrated in September which is hosted by Schooners and held on the beach. One can participate in a sand sculpture contest, have a lobster dinner and listen to live music.
- Outdoor Shopping: – Outdoor shopping is something which visitors cannot skip. Pier Park is an outdoor shopping mall which has everything for everyone to fill their wardrobes with brands. Many restaurants are available to relish on delicacies, vintage stuff and antique shops in Historic St Andrews and Harrison Avenue, art galleries, many restaurants that offer local cuisines and specialties, etc.
- Fishing: – One can get a day’s fishing license at Panama City beach’s city to enjoy fishing. Rod, bait, and tackle are available on rent onsite. Chartered boats are available that take into for deep sea fishing. Some of the charter boats also assist in cleaning and cooking the catch for dinner.
- Snorkeling: – This is the best period for snorkeling as the gulf is calm and clear. Kids enjoy to the fullest and those who are advanced snorkelers they try Shell Island. The water there is waist deep and snorkeling conditions are good. If the water is still and calm, one must check around before getting into it.
- Kayaking: – This is very famous and popular with Panama City beach visitors during the fall. ST Andrews State Park has the best kayaking. A shuttle can be taken to Shell Island where kayak rental can be found.